Abstaining from sins
The following are some evil acts prohibited in Islam and for which grave warnings of punishment have been sounded by Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam):
- To mock at someone.
- To taunt a person.
- To call a person by a degrading nick-name.
- To cast suspicion against someone.
- To search for the faults of others.
- Gheebat (scandalling)
- To gossip.
- To revile a person for no proper reason.
- Double-talk, to be two-faced.
- To slander.
- To deceive.
- Pride, vanity.
- Cruelty and oppression.
- Refraining from aiding one in hardship inspite of having the means.
- To create loss for another in his wealth.
- To cast